Monday, April 25, 2011

Of all the Catholic metaphors, I should say that Easter is the one that makes more sense to me. I do believe in death and rebirth. I don´t believe in it as a fact. I believe in symbolical death and rebirth: something has to go so that something else occupies its place. It happens in nature all the time.

I spent this Easter with the people I love most in this world, and many of them are children. Their growing up means a symbolical death to us, adults. I´m fine with it. My body feels the years go by, but my heart is reborn, again and again, in their smile. 


                                                                     Ana and Gabriel




                                                       Luana, Lucas and the little Analu

7 comments:

keiko amano said...

Lu,

They are so cute!

I was just writing my comment back about radiation. It's a known fact, but I'm amazed that all the cells in our bodies are renewing constantly, and we have abilities to recover again and again. Just looking at their faces in your photo made me feel alive. Metaphorically, it made the death-and-rebirth-like difference to me from a moment ago.

R said...

So lovely. Mine makes me smile every day, even when I don't see her. Happy Belated Easter, Lu

jiturajgor said...

Hello to all little and divine.

Rebb said...

Lu,

Thanks for sharing. Brought a smile to my face.

Luciana said...

Keiko, I´m glad about that. The cherry trees are blossoming, aren´t they? :-)
I totally agree with you on what you wrote in your blog.Left a comment there.

Luciana said...

Happy Belated Easter to you, too, Robert! I saw some photos of your cute little girl some time ago, when you still had a facebook page! Sweet! :-)

Luciana said...

Rebb and Dr. J!!! I miss you! So glad to see you! :-)