Thursday, April 7, 2011

After Clarice, in Forgiving God

No, I don´t want to embrace a rat.
I´m not ready for that.
In my selfish, so human way
I want to cry and scream and kill the rat.

I thought I could embrace the world.
But the world has rats.
And I´m not ready to share my world with a rat.
I want to embrace those twelve dead birds.
Heart stopped. Broken wings.

I know the rat was a bird once.
Sorry for him.
But when he got two guns and became a rat
He got bad, and there are birds to protect.

I just want to be human today
And in my selfish, so human way
I weep for the birds, not the rat.


- This poem came out after trying to make sense of this  and this.

5 comments:

Diogo da Costa Rufatto said...

The world definetly needs more poetry! Let's spread the word througout the world...

Vincent said...

Your beautiful piece makes perfect sense when one follows the links.

However, at first sight I jumped to the wrong conclusion, and imagined that it was the killer speaking, trying to justify his action. That doesn’t make sense of course, but it occurs to me how therapeutic it could be if someone was not just sorry for him but ready to embrace him to the extent of attempting an explanation through his eyes, and show how he saw those birds as rats to be exterminated.

For it is so hard to be human ...

Luciana said...

Diogo, I agree with you. Definitely we need to learn how to say a lot with just a few words. :-)

Luciana said...

Yes, Vincent, it is very hard to be human. And it is very hard to make sense sometimes.
But what is crushing is the feeling of powerlessness, especially when your 12 year-old asks you why it happened and you end up with no satisfactory answer to that.

buy swtor credits said...

but it takes place to me how therapeutic it could possibly be if somebody was not just sorry for him but prepared to embrace
I have played the online games especially the wow for a long time and I have some good suggestions for everyone to get the bestSell WOW Gold via more easy and safe ways, I also have the best advice for you of the WOW Gold Cheap, please don't hesitate !